[mythtv-users] DTV Transition

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 14:58:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Michael T. Dean<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/12/2009 08:50 PM, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately, I found that I had to do a "Delete all tuners" and re-add
>> them.
>>
>> Most unfortunately, now all my recording schedules that had a specific
>> chanel say "Record any time on chanel ."
>>
>> That is the one flaw  in the often glibly given advice to "just" delete
>> all tuners and re-add them.
>
> Just make all your callsigns identical to what you had before.  I.e. if you
> changed them before, change them again.  If you didn't change them before,
> but the network is sending some other callsign, change it to what you had.
>
> Or, do it right and don't use "this channel" recording rules (as the "any
> channel" is really a better choice).
>
> Mike "91 any-channel rules, 0 this-channel rules" Dean

In my case I don't think I could get away with much "any channel"
recording, as I have stations in the system for both the NY and Philly
market, but only record with the antenna facing NY.  Unless there's
something I'm not aware of, I don't think there's any way I can tell
it to avoid the Philly networks...so I use "this channel" all the
time.

By the way...what sort of things could potentially change channel
callsigns?  I'm guessing that a full scan with "rename to match"
maybe?

Tom