[mythtv-users] Fedora 9 with a Hauppauge HVR-1600

Peter J. Cross pjcrux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 15:48:28 UTC 2009

I show the card to be this

02:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23418
Single-Chip MPEG-2 Encoder with Integrated Analog Video/Broadcast Audio
Decoder

74551 LF rev C1A3

I tried the install instructions provided by Dale Pontius and could not get
the second command to run this is the result:

[root at DSM ~]# yum -y install ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r`

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit

 * fedora: mirrors.happyjacksoftware.com

 * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirrors.tummy.com

 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirrors.tummy.com

 * rpmfusion-free: mirrors.tummy.com

 * updates-newkey: mirror.stanford.edu

 * updates: mirrors.happyjacksoftware.com

 * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirrors.tummy.com

Setting up Install Process

Parsing package install arguments

No package ivtv-kmdl-2.6.25-14.fc9.i686 available.

New to linux ya'll not sure how to proceed at this point. The card works in
a windows machine and am having the damndest time getting it to work in
Linux.

Cheers!

Peter J. Cross

San Antonio, TX