[mythtv-users] experience with HD Homerun in Australia

Jason Lewis jasonblewis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 22:23:24 UTC 2009

The GUIGuy wrote:
> Phil Wild wrote:
>>
>> I purchased a unit from JB HiFi on Wednesday. The sticker price was
>> $299 but I asked the sales assistant if he could do better and he gave
>> it to me for $250.
>>

> Phil (and others),
>
> Can you enlighten me about HDHomerun because I'm obviously missing
> something. To me it seems to be just another box that requires more
> cabling when I can achieve the same end inside a PC case?
>
> TIA

I have always struggled with reception quality of internal and USB
tuners. Personally I figured a dedicated box of this calibre would work
better and in practice that has turned out to be true. I get better
reception with this device than the USB tuner I was using that it replaced.

Another advantage is that you can have your tuners in a different place
to your backend and use the network to move the signal around.

Jason