[mythtv-users] scte65scan and Schedules Direct XMLID's

Steve Lawrence steve.lawrence at comcast.net
Sun Jun 14 18:54:11 UTC 2009

I just recently fiddled around with the scte65scan (
http://scte65scan.sourceforge.net/ )

and got it working with my hdhomerun - ./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF -f 3 -p
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > vct.sql

Looking in that sql command set though, I figure its removing all my
currently channels, adding in the ones it's found - with callsigns and
channel numbers (fabulous!). This is great and saves me hours of work I
was doing previously, what with manually tuning to a channel, figuring
out what it is and then manually checking Schedules Direct for its
callsign, XMLID and manually editing the channel info.

And there lies my rub : If I'm correct - this script is going to wipe
out all my XMLID info for the channels I've manually created, correct?
And this script has no way of putting them back, so I have to
re-manually-enter the XMLID for my guide data?

Cheers,
Steve.