[mythtv-users] Busted pcHDTV HD-5500

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jun 15 17:04:05 UTC 2009

On Monday 15 June 2009 10:50:36 Larry Sanderson wrote:
> After over 2 years of flawless execution, one of my two HD-5500 cards died.
>  I tried the bad card in isolation on all my PCI slots, but the OS never
> saw it. I don't get any errors in my log files; it's just like there was no
> card in the slot.
>
> I can just get a new one and forget about the dead one, but I thought I'd
> check here first to see if anyone has any ideas on how I might resurrect
> the dead card.
>
> Thanks for any help,

All I can tell you is what I would do if I had the same problem.

Check the card over physically very carefully, look for blown capacitors,
broken lands or any other obvious flaw.

Make sure the connector fingers are clean, and nothing is bridging any
connections.

Make sure the card is seating properly in the slot.

If possible, try the card in another machine.

I know all these things are obvious, but it never hurts to mention them.