[mythtv-users] scte65scan .sql file (sourceid question)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:44:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Brad Fuller<bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Mark Knecht<markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I could, but it would be a lot better to understand the dB from an expert.
>>>

>> How will you determine whether the person who responds is a dB expert? ;-)
>
> Heck, I don't know. If Michael Dean spoke up, I would be pretty sure
> it was right ;-)
>
> Anyway, mythweb tools told me what sourceid is from what card (after I
> deciphered the channels numbers to what belonged to what sourceid)
>
> Here's how my tuners lineup:
>
> sourceid   Tuner           connected to
> 1              PVR-250      analog cable
> 2              pchdtv3000   ATSC OTA
> 3              HDHR 0       ATSC OTA
> 4              DCH3416      digital cable
>
> I'm want to insert a new table and the .sql that scte65scan created
> said to delete sourceid 1. That doesn't sound good to me.
>
> Note that I do have HDHR 1 in my mythtv-setup, but I've never scanned
> for channels and so I assume that's why there is not sourceid for it.
>
> Using the MySQL Query Browser, I see that there are two sourceid's in
> the dtv_multiplex table: 2 and 3. That makes sense to me since those
> are the two tuners connected to OTA. However, I don't know why the
> DCH3416 settop box isn't in there too, since it's digital cable. I can
> only guess it's in another table.
>
> ---
> AH... I just queried on cardinput table and I see:
>
> cardid   sourceid   displayname
> 1, 1, 'Comcast Analog'
> 2, 2, 'pcHDTV3000 ATSC'
> 3, 3, 'HDHR ATSC'
> 5, 4, 'DCH3416'
> 4, 4, ''

Here's what I'm seeing with the MySql Query Browser:

cardid   videodevice  cardtype   sourceid
1          /dev/video0   MPEG      1
2          0                 DVB          2
3          101328AC    HDHR       3
4          101328AC    HDHR       4
5          01FC....       FIREWIRE 4

Note that sourced 4 is assigned to two different tuners (Tune1 of HDHR
and a FIREWIRE device), that's my Comcast Digital source from
SchedulesDirect.

It seems what I need to do is create another video source (to make is
sourceid 5) that points to the SD Comcast Digital and edit the file
myth-svct.sql (from the scan) and change sourced=1 to sourceid=5.

I'd like to get the source code's author to tell me if this is cool.
And, I'd also like to know why he used 'sourceid' rather than another
key such as 'cardid'. Not understanding the dB puts me at a
disadvantage.

--
Brad Fuller