[mythtv-users] Issue with eit_cache

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Mon Jun 15 21:52:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 02:01:28PM +0200, Mark Wormgoor wrote:

> I seem to have an issue with EIT and the eit_cache table. I'm running a
> master and a slave backend. All encoders are on the slave backend,
> including one DVB-C (KNC1) card.

The master backend has no DVB card?

> This card retrieves the EIT data for
> those channels on which I've set the useonairguide flag. Works like a charm.
>
> Now, the problems start when I only restart the slave backend. At this
> time, there is still data in the eit_cache table. This is not cleared by
> the restart.

Neither should it, only old entries are removed from eit_cache. It
wouldn't be different for a master backend only system.

> As a result, EIT scanning doesn't work anymore. To resolve
> it, I either need to:
> - stop the slave, truncate the eit_cache table and start the slave
> - restart the master backend (which also clears eit_cache)

That's not the case if the master backend has no DVB card. Only outdated entries
(endtime + 24h < now()) entries are removed.

> I'm running 0.21-fixes (SVN 20600M, library 0.21.20080304-1,
> mythtv-backend-0.21-208.el5 from ATRpms.net).
>
> I've searched Google and Trac, but came up empty. I've run mythbackend
> with -v eit, but that doesn't help. I think this is because EIT is still
> working, but only for those channels that don't have an entry in
> eit_cache. I'm getting some eit updates in the log every now and then,
> but some channels were totally outdated. After a truncate/restart, the
> problem is resolved and I get all my channel info in the program guide
> as I'd expect.

that sounds like your provider doesn't changes the version and table id
as the DVB standard suggests.

Janne