[mythtv-users] Another take on large-capacity disk enclosures

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Jun 15 22:37:34 UTC 2009

    > Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:01:09 -0600
    > From: Brian Wood <beww at beww.org>

    > I didn't find any standard PCI cards that were more than 4 drives.

Do you mean, "anywhere?" or "including this card?"

I mentioned that the reviews on Newegg of the Supermicro card claim
that it can, in fact, be used in a standard PCI slot, which is one
of the reasons I'm considering it.  I figure my ultimate performance
is likely to be limited by either the disk (if I'm using only one at
a time) or the Ethernet connection (even gig-E) anyway (and some of
the hosts on the other end will only be 100MB/sec Etherhet as well).
So hopefully going PCI and not PCI-X (or PCI for one card and PCI-X
for the other, depending on the mobo, etc) won't kill me.  I assume.