[mythtv-users] Remote recommendations

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:15:12 UTC 2009

I've been using an RF keyboard for years and I'm finally ready to move to a
remote. I know there a re a lot that work with lirc but I wanted to ask
about ones that are good for my particular purpose.

I use a digital receiver for all sound processing so I would want to volume
buttons to be able to be programmed to work on the receiver. I'd also want
the power button to control the TV itself. Everything else I'd like to go to
the computer. I'd like to be able to program all this would having to switch
the remot between TV/CABLE/AUX modes like many universal remotes require. A
plus would be programmable hot buttons I could use to execute scripts that
would kill MythTV and load XBMC and vice versa.

So is there a truly programmable remote that works well with lirc and
MythTV?