[mythtv-users] Another take on large-capacity disk enclosures

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jun 16 19:47:19 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 16 June 2009 13:23:49 Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:
> Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:
> > Brian Wood wrote:
> >>
> >> Looks like a nice unit. It's more expensive than the SuperMicro card
> >> because it's a PCI-Express SAS controller the S/M is a PCI-X SATA
> >> controller, apples and oranges.
> >>
> >> But it's the best PCI-Express card I've seen, thanks for the pointer.
> >
> > This one is very similar (same chipset, I think) but cheaper:
> >
> > http://www.provantage.com/supermicro-aoc-usas-l8i~7SUPM18C.htm
>
> Scratch that, I think this uses some proprietary slot.
>
> Sorry for the noise.

The web posting at Provantage says it's a PCI-Express card, though it doesn't
specify 16X or otherwise. The picture looks odd, having a "hook" on the rear
like an AGP card., so I don't think it's really PCI-Express.

The Supermicro site seems to indicate it's a UIO slot, which is, as you say,
somewhat proprietary.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org