[mythtv-users] HVR.-4000 not showing the HD channels

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Wed Jun 17 13:11:02 UTC 2009

Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com skrev:

> -----Per Jørgensen wrote: -----
>
> >Hey Guys.
> >
> >I have a setup with 2 Hauppauge HVR-4000-HD DVB-S cards in.
> >Under normal use with the original HD-box from the provider
> >everything
> >is working OK.
> >But when scanning on the HVR-4000 I cannot see any HD-channels and
> >there
> >should be 16different channels with HD(DVB-S2).
> >
> >So what Am I missing.
> >I've installeded the Latest v4l-dvb drivers, and every channels are
> >working JUST great - But No HD-channels.
> >
> >I'm running 0.22trunk on ArchLinux - and everything is really running
> >
> >great normal.
> >Have I totally and compoletly overlook a chapter somewhere about how
> >see HD channels from DVB-S?
> >
> >TIA
>
> There is currently no support for DVB-S2 in MythTV.
>
> There is a ticket for implementing this but the patches will not work
> on recent trunk versions. http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5882
>
> There is another ticket that was rejected for obvious reasons that has
> patches that are working for me on trunk r20609 (I think).
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6537

Thanks for the answer.
Thats ok.
BUT since I'm not using mythTV - but scan to see if there's any new
channels - that means once a month I run a scan for channels.
Should the output from the scanner not see/scan/show which channels
runs'in DVB-S2. I) mean.
I can see in the scanningslist Kanal5 - But cannot see Kanal5HD ? I)
cannot see Geo HD - No HD channels are shown on the scanning through the
the cannels list which I do with this command:

# Sirius:
 scan /usr/share/dvb-utils/scan/dvb-s/Sirius-5.0E > .szap/channels.conf

# Thor:
scan -s 1 /usr/share/dvb-utils/scan/dvb-s/Thor-1.0W >> .szap/channels_thor.conf

But out of 1200Channels are there NO HD channels - which I find od -
since the card supports DVB-S2!
But I can live with - for now - that MythTV doesn't support it _ buit
still I believe I should be able to see the HD channels in the scanning!

TIA
Per