[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 07:00:41 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/6/18 Josh Mastronarde <jmastron at gmail.com>:
> I think that's exactly the problem: Current ffmpeg (and my patched
> probe code from it) sees these as "mpeg2video" when they might not be.
>  I patched in).  If I'm right, you'll have the same issue with 0.22
> (or trunk today).  Either the files have a wrong tag somewhere, or the
> ffmpeg code is broken (or I'm crazy).  Do these files play in any
> other player?  Can you re-transcode one using ffmpeg and play the
> result?
>
> Can you try transcoding one of the recent files using the same method
> on your current install, and see what *that* result looks like to
> ffmpeg?

A quick note ...

Someone emailed me because they could play some of their recordings anymore.

I didn't investigate at all, I just removed the mpeg.c patch ;
recompiled and it's all working fine again...

So it was definitely the culprit.

Here is what the recording detectswith the original mythtv mpeg.c code:
Stream #0, has id 0x480 codec id MPEG2VIDEO,
Stream #1, has id 0x448 codec id MP2, type Audio, bitrate 192000 at 0x0xacacec0

The patched one sees it as:
Stream #0, has id 0x0 codec id MP3, type Audio, bitrate 64000 at 0x0xa188a60

that's it.