[mythtv-users] Streamzap recognizes button release, not press

Brad DerManouelian bderman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 21:45:49 UTC 2009

I've decided to go the easier route to get my Ubuntu Mac Mini
controlled by plugging in a Streamzap USB IR Receiver. It works, but
it only recognizes commands when the buttons are released, not when
they are pressed. This makes is seem like there is a delay when
issuing remote commands and makes repeating (holding down a
directional button to speed through a list) impossible.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just how the lirc streamzap
driver works?

Note that I see the receiver light up when pressing down, but irw only
shows the command issued upon release.

Thanks,

Brad