[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Jun 19 19:42:55 UTC 2009

Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> says:
> As I've mentioned before, for me the issue started as though someone
> flicked a switch with the upgrade to xorg-server
> 1.5.3 (under gentoo in my case)...and others noticed it immediately
> after upgrading to a version of Fedora with that version.

Ah, see, I use CentOS 5 (which uses 1.1.1)--and before that its cousin
Fedora 6--everywhere, whether for MythTV or my personal work
environment.[1] I figured out a long time ago that it would be wise to
get off the Fedora six-months development cycle. Unless some new
whiz-bang device appears that I absolutely need MythTV/driver support
for, I quite like not having to do more than 'yum update' until 2014.

[1] VMware VM, so portable across hardware. It normally runs on my
main MythTV storage array/slave backend, but if the latter goes down
could run on my frontend/main backend or (if I spend $20 for VMware
Fusion) even my MacBook.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array