[mythtv-users] TW and firewire nonsense

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jun 20 14:16:32 UTC 2009

William wrote:
> On 06/19/2009 10:15 PM, Steve Reilly wrote:
>> Below is the latest of many responses ive received about TW turning
>> firewire ports on on my SA4250.  What local government would be
>> responsible for the cable franchise, who else can i contact besides TW?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> steve
>>

>> This email is in response to your recent inquiry.

> Your pretty well out of luck. I would start looking at devices that
> can capture either the data stream directly or can capture off the
> component video output of your cable box. There are solutions for both.

In my TW market (upstate NY) the fire wire port is turned on on the
4250hdc...
We have a franchise board here that over sees cable TV also we have a
Commission on Cable T at the state level...I have used both to remedy
problems..It's funny how quickly they respond when you get the
government on board...