[mythtv-users] Update to lirc 0.8.5 breaks things

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Jun 20 16:12:47 UTC 2009

On 06/20/2009 10:37 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I wanted to see if anyone else was affected by this. I just updated my
> Fedora 10 Myth box (x86_64) and my lirc got updated to 0.8.5

That's irrelevant, actually. Its the kernel module that matters here,
not the userspace portion. What kernel version? Looking at lirc_serial
more is on my TODO list for next week...

> and now my
> remote doesn't work. This configuration has worked flawlessly since
> Fedora 8. I'm now getting some output from dmesg I don't remember seeing
> before:
>
> [root at calvin ~]# dmesg | grep lirc
> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
> lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver

Do you know if it was auto-detected as active low previously? Definitely
makes a difference... You could try forcing it to active high as a test.
(add modparam 'sense=0')

> lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
> lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 4a3cdfee 4a3cdfee 9b369 9b335
> lirc_serial: ignoring spike: 1 1 4a3ce029 4a3ce029 68aca 68a93
>

> Anyone have any suggestions?

Load lirc_serial with the module param 'debug=1', see what else it says.
You can try fiddling with other module options as well.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com