[mythtv-users] Problem with DVB-C setup in germany

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Sun Jun 21 16:49:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

Joachim Zettler wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am currently setting up a mythtv (mythbuntu) system with two dvb-c
> cards in germany.
>
> After I setup the two DVB-C cards and defined the video sources I am
> currently defining the Input Connections and wanted to generate the
> initial scan to get my channels. Here is already the problem. Do I
> somehow have to define a starting frequency for the scan to work or
> how can I get my channels for each of my DVB cards?
>
> I have already read numerous tutorials but it seems that this is
> definitely no problem for most of the people (except myself :( )

Take a look at this guide:
http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html

I've found that scanning from the command-line using the scan utility is
much easier to troubleshoot than doing it all in MythTV. You can import
the resulting channels.conf into myth later on after you've done a
successful scan.

The DVB scan utility does needs some starting frequency, just like
mythtv. My system (CentOS 5.3 / ATRpms) actually contains an input file
for the scan utility to work with under /usr/share/dvb/dvb-c/. They're
part of the linuxtv-dvb-apps package. It also contains files for Germany
(de-Berlin, de-iesy, de-Kabel_BW, de-Muenchen, de-neftv).

My scan command looks like this:
/usr/bin/scan -q -t 1 -A 2 -n /usr/share/dvb/dvb-c/nl-Casema
(scan, q=quiet, -t 1 = tv only, -A 2 = DVB-C, -n = evaluate NIT-other
which is slower, but I need it for Casema/Ziggo)

Kind regards,

Mark Wormgoor

Kind regards,

Mark Wormgoor