[mythtv-users] Build Errors on Mandriva 2009.1

Chuck Filson mythtv at goodeid.com
Mon Jun 22 14:43:29 UTC 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009 07:02:23 Mike Perkins wrote:
> Doug Lytle wrote:
> > Doug Lytle wrote:
> >> Mike Perkins wrote:
> >>
> >> I'll setup a VirtualBox and 2009.1 and see if I can re-produce.
> >
> > Just setup the 2009.1 VB, have the same symptoms as you've described.
> > Looks like your only options are to contact the maintainer for the RPMs
> > or to roll your own.
> >
> > Doug
>
> Thanks, Doug. It's nice sometimes to know it's not yourself that's made the
> balls-up. I'll see what I can find out, it'll benefit others here, I know.

I had a new install of 2009.1 with kde4 and added task-kde3 to get back to the
familiar desktop. I then installed Mythtv from the packages and it works just
fine with an existing database and backend. The only error I found was that
the packages installed into /usr while Mythweather was looking for scripts
in /usr/local. But Mythfrontend worked perfectly.

Chuck