[mythtv-users] Minimum hardware recomendation

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:40:51 UTC 2009

> Jean-Yves VDPAU backport is still available and works great on my system.

So, this makes the Atom-Ion system the lead candidate in the Myth
category, right?  If  this is easy to get running, I can't see getting
some old power hungry big noisy P4 system.  And it looks like $500 is
about the price point.  This compares with TiVo at $300 plus $13 a
month or $456 for the year.  Money should not be the deciding point
with those differences.

> If you are worried about "support calls",

She will only be a couple of miles away so support isn't really an
issue.  In fact, she is computer literate enough to have figured out
how to watch the shows on her desktop without a frontend.  She looks
up the show time in mythweb then finds the file with that timestamp on
the BE server and watches it with VLC.

More of the issue was the fear of using development unstable code as
was discussed in some of the posts to this thread.

> Also trading a full cable line up for a handful of OTA stations isn't exactly an equal comparison.

She has been living at home for a year and we have OTA Myth here so
she knows the station lineup.

Allen