[mythtv-users] Minimum hardware recomendation

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:12:10 UTC 2009

> Here is one potential starting point.  It's probably possible to do better.
>
> $160 Zotac IONITX "C" version from Amazon (includes power brick)
> $30 2GB DRAM
> $30 Streamzap IR receiver + remote
> $90 500GB laptop hard drive
> $145 HDHR
> $30 network switch
> $5 decorative 7"x7" cardboard box from Michael's for a case
> $10 power button, power LED, HDD LED, jumper wires from Fry's

This is a v

It looks to me that you can get the Zotac boards either with or without the
power module with a difference of about $20.  Add to that the $5 for the
cardboard and the $10 for the buttons and you are at $35.  It also looks
like you can get a real case for about $40 with a 200 watt power supply.
 However, buying a low end power supply and having more capacity than needed
is not always a good idea.  Having a place to securely mount the HD and the
BM does seem like a good idea.  Being able to add a DVD drive so she can
watch movies also seems like a good thing.

Where do people come down on the power brick vs a case with power supply?
 If the case, which one?

Allen