[mythtv-users] Watching web streams?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Jun 23 17:27:18 UTC 2009

Jim Morton wrote:
> Yes it is 64bit. I've just been looking at Virtualbox but I have zero
> experience with VM. I wonder if I could run WinXP-32bit in a VM on
> Ubuntu-64bit...

It'll work fine.  The main concern is to make sure you have enough RAM
for both OSs.  Things can get pretty slow and painful if you're short on
RAM.  I like to see about 4 GB of RAM in machines I use for
virtualization.  I had one 2 GB machine I was running MacOS X (as the
host OS) and Windows (as the guest OS) on and it definitely wasn't enough.