[mythtv-users] OT: UK Freesat HD channels

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Jun 24 09:41:05 UTC 2009

Robert wrote:
> On Wed, June 24, 2009 8:56 am, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> I have just been thinking maybe it's time to go HD, so I
>> thought I'd first find out what I might watch in HD if
>> I had the equipment. Looking at the Freesat web site, it
>> looks like all we have is BBC HD and ITV HD. Is that it?
>> Or do other channels transmit some of the programs in
>> HD? How can I get a list of what's on in HD?
>>

> Those are the only two channels I know of, but I've not looked for some time.
>
> You need to patch the Myth source to get ITV HD and I did have some issues
> (front end crashes) playing it back, but it's been a while since I tried
> it so they might have been fixed.  In reality, I never found any programs
> on ITV HD worth watching (apparently they show a lot of football, which
> doesn't interest me)
>
> There is some decent stuff on BBC HD though.

Thanks. Useful to know. I'll probably stick with what I have for now
in that case. Until I looked, I assumed we had all the US imports in HD.
With just the two HD channels, if I upgraded my system, I'd still
spend most of the time watching SD, and I doubt I'd improve on
the quality I currently have.

It's a good thing really. I built 4 Myth boxes before I managed one
that gave the same quality as my old DVRs. I wasn't really looking
forward to going through that process again with HD.

Cheers,
	Paul.