[mythtv-users] MythWeb Listings - Display Full Day's Data using horizontal scroll bar

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Wed Jun 24 12:14:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am interested in making this change.
>
> A good example of this working is at
> http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/higuide.htm although it does not
> scroll the whole day,
> which would be my preference.  Opening scrolled to the current time would
> also be nice, I am not so sure if that can be coded so
> easily though.
>
> A quick searching around suggests there is not much written about this, is
> this ability already built in or where do I need to
> start?
>
> I typically use a 1920 wide display, to display a days data could require
> three times that width or more....  I generally hate
> scroll bars but here they are preferable IMHO, especially as the forward
> and back arrows do not stay in constant places.

Howdy David,

While I agree that it is slightly annoying that it doesn't display more than
just 3 hours horizontally (I'd like to see a few more hours), is that
perhaps a trade-off vs. the performance that it takes to generate and/or
render 300 or more lines worth of listings for those 3 hours?  8x the number
of hours would perhaps mean an 8x slow down?  And to be honest, 24 hours of
listings seems like an overkill to me.

Just another -user,

   Marc