[mythtv-users] xvmc-opengl missing?

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Wed Jun 24 18:23:25 UTC 2009

 That code was removed.  If you are going to run trunk you really should be
following the commits and or dev list.

      Author: markk
        Date: 2009-06-18 00:58:33 +0000 (Thu, 18 Jun 2009)
New Revision: 20723
   Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/20723

Removed:

   trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/xvmctextures.cpp
   trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/xvmctextures.h

Modified:

   trunk/mythtv/configure
   trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro
   trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/util-opengl.cpp
   trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/util-opengl.h
   trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videodisplayprofile.cpp
   trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.cpp
   trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.h

Log:

Remove the xvmc-opengl video renderer. The code is not widely used, has
probably
+been broken for some time, has limited vendor/hardware suppport, supports
only
+1 video codec and is superceded by newer APIs.

I follow dev, I haven't looking at commits recently. My fault.
The website is back up, which helps as well. When I sent my original message
mythtv.org was down.
I and looking into options as xvmc-opengl was the only way my machine played
back HD without issues.
I can't upgrade the system as it's an appletv and has a Quadro NVS
110m/GeForce Go 7300 video chipset.

Marc