[mythtv-users] vdpau sanity check

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 20:19:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:16 PM, jansenj<jansenj+myth at gmail.com> wrote:

>> With an AMD processor , when running at 1GHz you will have problem
>> with VDPAU as the AMD also slows down the data bus, and as such video
>> packets won't be fed quickly enough to the nvidia card.
>>
>> From various reports, it seems that 1.7Ghz is a safe frequency to use
>
> Thats a bummer, I like the power savings and noise level of 1Ghz, but with
> that setting it will have to idle at 1.8Ghz.  I forget, maybe there is a way
> to set the trigger really low, like 3% to go to 1.8Ghz.  I'll have to look
> into this.

I believe 11% is the minimum.

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo 11 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo 11 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

John