[mythtv-users] Fedora 11 and lirc

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jun 25 14:33:35 UTC 2009

On Jun 25, 2009, at 10:23 AM, John P Poet wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Jarod Wilson<jarod at wilsonet.com>
> wrote:
>> Some misc lirc notes for Fedora 11 users:
>>
>> 3) lirc_serial appears to be broken. I swear it worked last I tried
>> it, but
>> its been a while. For the record, I think lirc_serial is rather
>> grotty code,
>> and everyone should stay away from it and use something usb-based
>> instead. I
>> still intend to look at it and get it fixed though.
>
> So, if I need to use lirc_serial, what should I do?  Is there a
> version of Lirc I can compile myself that handles it correclty?

Yes, if you build from lirc cvs, and install both lirc_serial.ko and
lirc_dev.ko from there, it should be functional, so far as I know. If
you need to use multiple lirc_foo drivers though, you'll need to build
those from cvs as well, as lirc_dev differs between in-kernel and cvs
in some key ways still. (I believe its actually lirc_serial's
interaction with the overhauled lirc_dev that is broken).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com