[mythtv-users] gentoo, latest mythtv - mythfrontend has no text

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sat Jun 27 12:32:25 UTC 2009

> I booted my frontend this evening after being on vacation for a week.
> And up popped...no text. The interwebs are full of advice like setting
> DRI to off and XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1. Those don't seems to work.
>
> Anyone have some other advice before I begin reverted the
> merged packages from last week?
>
> Thanks

> --
> Erik Hovland
> erik at hovland.org
> http://hovland.org/

Define, latest. I am running Myth on Gentoo one update behind trunk and not
seeing this issue.
Also, can you see text in X at all? If its happening in X it could be an
issue that I have as well.
My HDTV reports bad info over EDID so I have the following set in my
xorg.conf.
    Option         "UseEdidDpi" "FALSE"
    Option         "DPI" "96 x 96"
If I do not have this, text shows up as only a pixel high.

Marc