[mythtv-users] Problem with DVB-C setup in germany

Joachim Zettler joachim_zettler at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 28 14:06:27 UTC 2009

Dear all,

meanwhile I found some time to test the procedure Marc proposed. The
scan worked and as a result I got a channels.conf which I imported in
myth-setup. Unfortunately I still get the following errors when I want
to switch to live tv (from the mythbackend.log file)

2009-06-28 15:49:48.497 DVBChan(1:0) Error: SetChannelByString(28468):
Tuning to frequency.
2009-06-28 15:49:48.498 TVRec(1) Error: Failed to set channel to
28468. Reverting to kState_None
2009-06-28 15:49:48.499 TVRec(1): Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
2009-06-28 15:50:48.778 DVBChan(1:0) Warning: Your frequency setting
(11836500) is out of range. (min/max:47000000/862000000)
2009-06-28 15:50:48.780 DVBChan(1:0) Warning: Symbol Rate setting
(27500000) is out of range (min/max:458333/7333333)

The curious thing is, that automatically numerous transports appear in
my transports lists which do not belong to dvb-c at all. The above
frequency 11836500 and the Symbol Rate of 275000000 for example is
such a transport and somehow it is connected to my initial channel
28448 :(

I already tried to delete all transports that do not match dvb-c but
after I did that in the channels editor, all my channels have gone as
well.

I hope somebody can explain me what I am doing wrong and why I cannot
get a proper connection between dvb-c transports and my channels.

Best regards and thx in advance for your help
Joachim