[mythtv-users] my mythtv network stopped recording shows... why?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sun Jun 28 18:41:23 UTC 2009

Hi Michael...

Ok, I was always a little confused what "optimize_mythdb.pl" does for
you so I read the mythtv wiki.

So, it really does what is says - it optimizes the data base - so things
like running through the recording rules (for instance) does not take as
long.

But how should you run it?  I ran it as my self and it looked like it
did something - but the first line said something about not able to
access the data base.  So I ran it as root and it did the same thing but
did not first print out the access problem.  So, I assume you need to
run "optimize_mythdb.pl" with root privileges?

-thanks