[mythtv-users] Udev rules (again)

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Sun Jun 28 19:40:33 UTC 2009

Hey,

Adding another camera to my backend has forced to use udev-rules to
force the camra's not to take the video-device my PVR normally uses.
I thought it would be as easy as just writing a rule for the cameras,
but it turns out I need to for my PVR as well.

For this I used the following in /etc/udev/rules./10-local.rules:

KERNEL=="video[0-9]*", SUBSYSTEMS=="pci", DRIVERS=="ivtv",
ID=="0000:02:08.0" NAME="video0"
KERNEL=="video[0-9]*", SUBSYSTEMS=="pci", DRIVERS=="ivtv",
ID=="0000:02:09.0" NAME="video1"
KERNEL=="video[0-9]*", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d",
ATTRS{idProduct}=="08f0", NAME="video5"
KERNEL=="video[0-9]*", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="093a",
ATTRS{idProduct}=="2468", NAME="video6"

This seems to work as well as the videodevices get the right numbers,
the problem is however that recordings made are 'empty' ie just no image
and filesize > 0.

I got the feeling my rules are missing some parts causing them not to
work, but even with the several howto's I can't find it and examples
with a PVR and with NAME="video_n_" seem to benon-existent.

any pointers or examples appreciated,

Jos Hoekstra