[mythtv-users] New MythTV interface announced!!

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:06:08 UTC 2009

> He seems to have left that application without support. Luckily it is
> open source.
> Lots of bug there and it doesn't work with OS 3.0 due to rather simple
> to fix bugs.
>
> Guy at work fixed the various bugs , including the ones allowing to
> run on 3.0 and to specify the IP address of the backend (currently you
> can validate that screen)

A couple of points here:

The application linked in the previous e-mail wasn't MyMote at all, but the
Apple Remote. I assume you are talking about MyMote.

I haven't left the application without support. If you have a bug, file it
in the tracker at http://trac2.assembla.com/mymote. I reply to every bug I
get and provide debug builds for people to test with when necessary. The
brokenness due to OS 3.0 was on the part of me working around an issue Apple
hadn't foreseen in iPhone OS 2.0, and in 3.0 they provided a real solution
while breaking my workaround. I had an update submitted to the app store
within 24 hours of it being open for OS 3.0 submissions, and unfortunately
it took a while for Apple to approve it.

You can also specify the IP address of the backend in MyMote. I am not sure
what issues you had, but if you still have them, feel free to open a bug in
the MyMote tracker.

I don't want to come off too harshly, I just want to make clear that I stand
behind MyMote and continue to support it. If you have any issues, visit the
tracker either through the link I provided or the link in iTunes. Further,
if anyone has any bug patches, I'd love to have them so I can patch them
into the official MyMote releases available through iTunes.

Thanks,
Chase Douglas