[mythtv-users] request for feedback from s2api users

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Tue Jun 30 05:45:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

I spent some time working on a mythbox with Hauppauge HVR4000 Receiver card. Installed trunk 20216 + s2api patches, seems to work so far.
Problems encountered:
* Can't setup DISEC for new video card. had to configure the video card before update to trunk.
* Problems with channel scan:
    - full scan doesn't work at all
    - scanning from channels.conf produces timeout and no channels found, but does set up the transponders
    - scanning existing transponders works, but picks up lots of data srvices (software downloads etc)

The scanning problems are probably at least partially caused by the HVR4000 Card - scan-s2 also has trouble getting a full scan using this card (can't use AUTOs for initial transponders, must enable processing of NIT messages).

Now what I'd really like would be an S2 capable card with working CI interface, but as far as I can tell there's no such beast at the moment?

Bye, Martin