[mythtv-users] gentoo, latest mythtv - mythfrontend has no text

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Jun 30 21:59:16 UTC 2009

Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> Hats off to
>> Ubuntu, but it's so fat that I can't use it in most situations.
>
> No comment... :)

I do find it a little weird that someone who's willing to install
hundreds of megabytes of source code, development tools, etc., and then
wait for all of it to install would then decry Ubuntu as "too fat." ;)
I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Personally, I liked Gentoo but the downtime required for updating, due
to having to wait for the updates to compile, was a bit too aggravating.
  Now I run Mythbuntu.

I agree that emerge is pretty cool, in the same way the FreeBSD Ports
Tree is cool.