[mythtv-users] No sound after first reboot

Andreas linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Sun Mar 1 03:53:29 UTC 2009

<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>wrote:
> I can get sound again by setting the audio device in myth to
> alsa:/dev/dsp/
>
> So, does anyone know how to make configure asound.conf to do the same
> thing?  Where did I mess up?

I don't have any asound.conf on my system, neither systemwide nor in any
home directory. And sound has always been working without any problems.
The sound device in mythtv is set to "ALSA:default".

On one frontend (with digital audio out over hdmi) I actually created a
asound.conf so that I did not have to change every single application's
sound prefs, but my systems with analogue sound get by just fine
without it.

I am using openSUSE 11.1 on my desktop and myth boxes.

--
Gruß
Andreas