[mythtv-users] Internal player crashes during HDTV playback on specific recordings

Darren Hart darren at dvhart.com
Sun Mar 1 23:56:49 UTC 2009

I've noticed that the internal player crashes while playing a couple
of my HD streams.  It plays for a while - about 10 seconds - and then
goes to a black screen, or kills mythtv all together.  I've observed
this on 3 recordings, all of them from my local CBS station, twice
during NCIS and once during NUMB3RS.  Mplayer played both the NCIS
episodes fine (haven't tried the NUMB3RS yet).

MythTV Version   : 19878
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40

Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack
using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw
using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads
using_libavc_5_3 using_live

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm holding on to one of the NCIS recordings in case anyone wants to
experiment I can make it available (but it's big of course, so if you
want it please send me an email).

--
Darren Hart