[mythtv-users] Internal player crashes during HDTV playback on specific recordings

Darren Hart darren at dvhart.com
Mon Mar 2 08:00:22 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> Darren Hart <darren at dvhart.com> says:
>> I've noticed that the internal player crashes while playing a couple
>> of my HD streams.
>
> Corrupted stream. Switch decoders (from Standard to libmpeg, or vice
> versa). You're probably on libmpeg; in my experience Standard (ffmpeg,
> which is what mplayer uses) is more robust.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunatley it still hangs.  I've tried Standard
(ffmpeg) as well as limpeg2.  I haven't been able to find a log
confirming which decoder is being used, so I can't say with a high
degree of confidence that the changes I made were used.  Is that
something I need to enable?

--
Darren Hart