[mythtv-users] Internal player crashes during HDTV playback on specific recordings

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Mar 2 08:38:31 UTC 2009

Darren Hart <darren at dvhart.com> says:
> > Corrupted stream.

> Thanks for the tip, unfortunatley it still hangs

Yes, I realized after replying that you reported the issue existing
only on CBS recordings.

Others have reported odd things happening lately with their local CBS
affiliates' broadcasts. It's entirely possible that your affiliate is
sending out a proper, uncorrupted signal that's still confusing
mythfrontend.

Try:

* lossless transcoding. It's possible doing this might "smooth over"
  any corrupt chunks.
* filing a ticket. You'll have to arrange somehow to get whichever
  developer answers it a snippet of a problematic recording. Just 10
  seconds or so will do--say five seconds before and after--but 10
  seconds of HD is still about 20MB. If you don't have access to a
  personal Website of your own I can only suggest using megadownload
  or some other free site that lets one distribute large files.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array