[mythtv-users] No stuttering but non-linear motion

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Mar 2 12:22:50 UTC 2009

As described in the subject, I see some non-linear motion in scenes
where the camera is panning linearly. This can only be noticed if you
closely watch a fixed point in the scene panning by.
I wouldn't call this stuttering because you only notice this in the
mentioned situation, and the motion is not completely interrupted but
slowing down like 2-5 times per second (I'm not good at guessing). The
"rhythm" is always the same, i.e. it doesn't change depending on the
scene, the load, etc.
Any hints to what might cause this and how to fix it are welcome.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/