[mythtv-users] Before I tear my hair out can a slave BE...

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 16:14:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> My patch allows the scheduler to schedule recordings on slaves
> that the master has put to sleep.  [...]

Chris,

When nothing is recording, it sounds like it should be possible to put the
master backend asleep as well, using the bios wakeup feature to wake it up a
little before the next recording is scheduled (enough time to wake up any
asleep slaves it might need to).  Is this correct?

Also, what happens if a slave which has recordings stored on it has been put
to sleep, and then a frontend wants to play a recording stored on that
slave?

Thanks,
Jerry