[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Mar 2 21:09:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> To me, that definitional paragraph simply acknowledges that Hulu
> has made deals (not through the Terms of Use agreement, but through specific
> licensing deals) with 3rd parties to create distribution sites.  It does not
> in any way provide authorization for others to create the sites.

You are mistaken.

Hulu makes it trivial for anyone to embed video in any site.  Go to
hulu.com and select any video to play. Once the video starts playing
there's an "embed" button in the top left corner of the player.  This
pops up an HTML snippet under the phrase "Copy this code to your
website or blog:".

If Hulu didn't want random 3rd parties to create distribution sites,
this would be a very odd way of showing it.

Eric