[mythtv-users] organizing my Watch Recordings screen

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 02:50:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:22 PM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
>>

>> Over the years I have collected a few recordings that I want to keep
>> though, and rather than have them listed by their individual
>> Program/Episode titles, I'd like to create a catch-all Program
>> called "Saved" or somesuch, and put the things I want to keep as Episodes
>> of that pseudo-Program. Ideally it would appear below the "All Programs"
>> entry. Is there a way to do that?
>>

> Perhaps you could use a different recording group, and move them to that???

I use recording groups to keep things separate. I have tons of kids
shows and I record a lot of TV movies. Between those two it makes
listing recordings by title too cumbersome. So I keep the kids shows
and movies in their own recording groups. Then I use the option to
show only recording groups. This works better for me, but I still find
it frustrating. It would be nice if we could get one or two more
levels of hierarchy like you can in mythvideo. So you can have
something like recording group -> show -> season -> episode. Then I
could keep my kids shows and my shows around longer and not have
things get so cluttered that it is unusable. Currently I end up
deleting stuff not because of space but because it is just in the way
(ie usability reasons). With hard drive space so cheap it makes sense
to keep more recordings, but the only way to keep them organized is to
move everything into mythvideo. Maybe that is the way the devs
intended. Does anybody know if they new .22 themes will have more
versatility in the 'watch recordings' area or will they be confined to
the same 2 tier hierarchy that things are currently at?