[mythtv-users] Transcoding problem in 0.21?

RichardK3 richard at dblhouse.us
Wed Mar 4 14:07:38 UTC 2009

Since upgrading to 0.21 (actually MythDora 5.0), I've been having an
intermittent problem with recordings.  Midway through playing a recording,
it seems to slow down, the sound becomes out of sync with the video, and
there are pops and crackles in the audio.  This persists until the end of
the recording.  It seems to happen more frequently with long recordings.

I don't believe it is a playback problem, since the glitch remains at the
same point in the recording even after rebooting.

I'm transcoding all of my recordings to 640x480 to save space (my TV is only
standard definition anyway), so it seems likely that this is happening
during the transcoding process.

I never experienced this in 0.20 (Mythdora 3.0 and 4.0), so it seems to have
been introduced with 0.21.

Any ideas on what's happening and how to solve it?