[mythtv-users] Must be missing something because no TV channels anymore

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Thu Mar 5 11:50:15 UTC 2009

MythTV Users,

I had my television set up working great. Everything worked perfectly.

Then I had to reformat my computer, and I can't seem to recreate the
same set up again.

I have Mythbuntu 8.10 with a Hauppauge PVR-150 and I'm trying to receive
Japan broadcast channels.

In the mythbackend settings there seem to be some unneeded generic
channels ("unnamed"), and whenever I run mythfilldatabase, it gets no
results.

Here are my settings. (Some involve Japanese characters.) If these
aren't the right details to troubleshoot the problem, please let me know.

Thank you for any help.

In the Mythbackend setup:

2. Capture cards
Card Type: MPEG-2 encoder card (PVR-x50, PVR-500)
Video device: /dev/video0
Probed info: Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 [ivtv]
Default input: Tuner 1

3. Video source setup
Video source name: Hauppauge
Listings grabber: Japan (xmltv)
tv_grab_jb: Configuration will run in the terminal window
Channel frequency table: jaban-bcast

Input connections
MPEG : /dev/video0 ] (Tuner 1) -> Hauppauge

Channel Editor:
(Unnamed : 1062) (62) (Hauppauge)
(Unnamed : 1023) (13) (Hauppauge)
(Unnamed : 1007) (7) (Hauppauge)