[mythtv-users] New front end, 720p playback fine; 1080i playback has funky colors!

Eric Holt ericsh at wvcom.net
Fri Mar 6 01:07:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Allen Edwards
<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>wrote:

> I had a problem with my 720p projector and solved it by specifying 720p in
> xorg.conf screens section like this:
>  Option "metamodes" "DFP: 1280x720_60 +0+0"
> The problem I had was that the projector reported 1080p as a supported mode
> so that is what myth was sending it.  The projector didn't do a very good
> job of it and it looked terrible.  I don't, however, remember what
> the problem was.
>
> Perhaps this will help, hope so.
>
> Allen

Well I finally got a chance to try to work on this, on my roommate's front
end, and unfortunately, this did not help.  1080i content, the colors/hue is
still all whacked.  720p and SD content plays nicely however.

Any other ideas that anyone might have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...
--Eric