[mythtv-users] "NVP: Video is 3.12705 frames behind audio (too slow), dropping frame to catch up."

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 23:51:37 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/3/8 Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>

> Trying VDPU with an 8400GS 512MB Card with your 0.21 builds.
>
> I've been testing HD broadcasts with HE-AACV2 audio (nz freeview|HD) and
> I'm seeing the same audio errors. It starts with the video dropping behind
> the audio errors and then the NVP messages appear and the audio starts to
> stutter.
>
> I've checked my configuration and I have your recommended options.
>
> I'm not seeing the issue with MPEG2 material and MP2 audio.
>
> Any other ideas.

Unfortunately,

I am not familiar with the NZ HD format ; I built my packages with LAAC
support and quickly verified that it worked using a recording someone from
the Myth NZ list sent me.

If you could provide a recording of a video that gives you problem , I could
test it on my end.

Reading the NZ distribution list; it seems that 1080i broadcast are fine,
it's the 720p ones that gives issue.

Jean-Yves