[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] comcast moving to settop on Bay Area - goodbye analog

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Sun Mar 8 07:09:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 10:17:52PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> So,
> 1) you seem to be saying it's not going to be a flag day and that the analog
> channels are already available as digital?
>
> 2) if so, or in either case, are those digital channels (going to be)
> tunable with hd-homerun or encrypted and will require the DCH-3200 or
> equivalent (like SCIFI-HD)
>
> 3) Since I have the OTA channels tunable via HD-Homerun, are there even any
> analog channels going to be left that will be worth tuning (in other words, will
> my 3 analog tuners be sitting idle from now on)?

4) are the digital-analog converter boxes useful at all with mythtv?

5) assuming that comcast after the change ends up sucking enough that I just
   don't have a use before them, am I correct that there is currently no way
   to get some of those channels automatically in myth, by paying an
   internet video provider, or not, correct?
   (hulu doesn't count until myth can at least stream from them)

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/