[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 hard- and software

Carsten Meier cm at trexity.de
Sun Mar 8 18:40:17 UTC 2009

Am Sun, 08 Mar 2009 17:14:13 +0100
schrieb Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net>:

> Carsten Meier schreef op 8-3-2009 14:48:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I'm going to install a satelite-dish and have a few questions
> > regarding DVB-S2:
> >
> > - Is S2-API already supported by MythTV?
>
> In .22 there is some support, but that's not stable yet as I
> understand.
>
> > - What DVB-S2-USB-device should I buy, which works proberly under
> > linux?
>
> Look it up here:
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>

> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Carsten
>
> Good luck,
>
> Jos

Hi,

I want to direct the dish to Astra 19,2° E. Unfortunately the
Astra-Website doesn't say anything about what standard (DVB-S or DVB-S2)
is used for what transpoder. Can DVB-S2-devices operated as
DVB-S-devices via the standard-DVB-API? Which channels are transmitted
as DVB-S? (I'm especially interested in HD-channels like arte and Anixe)
It would be nice to hear some experiences from Astra 19,2°E-users in
Germany/Europe. (A backport for the S2-API for MythTV 0.21 would also
be nice ;) )

Thanks,
Carsten