[mythtv-users] Playback stops at end of recording before reaching the actual end of the recording

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:33:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm seeing a weird problem on my secondary/development myth box.  I'm
using SVN Trunk compiled on March 5th 2009 (I'm not at home so I can't
check actual version sorry).  I am recording H.264 with a hauppauge
HD-PVR box.  Playback is through Nvidia VDPAU.  The OS is Ubuntu 8.10.

The problem is when I am watching a recording and it gets near the end
of the recording Myth will stop playback and show the "delete or save
for later" menu.  But the recording is not actually finished yet.
There are several seconds remaining -- sometimes more then two minuets
remaining.  I can trick myth into playing closer to the end by playing
the recording again then skipping forwards until where it stopped
before.  Myth will then play a bit more -- about30 seconds, then stop
again.  Still leaving some of the recording unwatched.

Any ideas?