[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] solar power for all our gadgets

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:37:11 UTC 2009

>> Actually at least half the vendors I talked to had a leasing option where
>> you just buy electricity from them instead of PG&E after allowing them to
>> put panels on your roof.
>> In other words, you don't pay for the install and you pay them a flat
>> 15cent/Kwh or whatever the rate is, which is cheaper than tiers 3-5 from
>> PG&E.
>> The other good news is that the said rate will not go up, it'll remain
>> whatever it is forever, whereas PG&E is raising rates every year.
>
> Until the vendor goes broke from such a "forever the same price" policy

I think the only problem with this is if they did not first install
enough panels to supply your home so that even with the panels you are
still drawing power from the grid. However by that time if they plan
correctly (size the inverter ... for expansion ) they should be able
to expand with cheaper panels that are more energy efficient than what
we have today.

John