[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] comcast moving to settop on Bay Area - goodbye analog

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 22:58:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Josh Mastronarde <jmastron at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Robert, any way to confirm this?  Sacramento Comcast hasn't yet
>> announced an analog shutoff, but I'm starting to prepare.
>
> I haven't heard that Comcast has announced shutfoff for San Jose/Los
> Gatos/Southbay area either. Does anyone have an official link?
>
> --
> Brad Fuller

I looked after the install guys were here a couple of weeks ago. I
couldn't find anything.

An old saying say "Luck favors the prepared..." I'm trying to make
sure I have a solution thought out should the worst come to pass. It
may turn out nothing comes of this.

One thing that was interesting about the converter box install was
that it required a call into Comcast with an ID for the box before it
would operate at all. So far the HDHR has just worked.

Cheers,
Mark